An improving economy, job growth, and low mortgage interest rates are fueling a home sales boom in Glenview, Illinois and the entire North Shore of the Chicago metropolitan area. Another factor is the popularity of the North Shore’s premier community, The Glen, which has 1,106 private residences. Not only are homes in The Glen popular, but the many restaurants and shops in Glen Town Center attract buyers to homes in greater Glenview. The outstanding schools serving Glen families (Westbrook Elementary, Attea Middle, and Glenbrook South High) also bring in many buyers.
Glenview Home Sales: The sale of all types of Glenview homes increased by 19.4% in 2012 and by 58.8% since the bottom of the housing crash in 2008.
- 455 detached single family homes sold in Glenview in 2012, an increase of 13.5% in a single year. Only 297 single family homes sold in 2008. So from 2008 through 2012, sales have increased by 53%.
- 258 attached properties (such as townhomes, condos & villas) sold in 2012, an increase of 31.6% in one year and 69.7% since 2008.
- Many of these sales occurred in The Glen with its various neighborhoods such as Cambridge, Chapel Crossing, Landings, Patriot Commons, Regency, Southgate, and Tower Crossing.
North Shore Home Sales: The sale of all types of North Shore homes increased by 23.7% in 2012 and by 56.9% since 2008.
- 3,926 detached single family homes sold on the North Shore in 2012, an increase of 19.4% in a single year and 54.6% since the low in 2008.
- 1,887 attached properties sold in 2012, an increase of 33.5% in a single year and an astounding 70.6% since 2009.
If you would like information about homes for sale in The Glen, Glenview and the North Shore, please call me at 847-401-1802.